Sunday, June 22, 2008

World Press Photo (exhibition)



Photos from http://www.worldpressphoto.org/

I love photography but it was only a couple of years ago that I was able to buy my own camera and I spent a lot of money on it. Since then I decided that I would concentrate on profiles.

Last Thursday, I went to a photo exhibition advertised on the Bangkok Post so I went there with my own digital camera and took pics of my favorites.

One of which is a picture of a man cradling a wounded man. They are participants of a gay pride in Hungary. It was only taken a few years ago and some people attacked them. It is sad and scary that some people hold so much hatred for other people.

I also liked the portraits of Benazir Bhutto and Vladimir Putin. The Thai photographs discuss very limited topics and many of them are staged. I thought this is about photojournalism.

Anyway, I do not think I have the stomach to be a photojournalist. I am easily affected by the things around me to make it objective.

No comments: