Friday, June 27, 2008

Silence of the Lambs (DVD)


Jodie Foster is one cute dyke. She looked so beautiful then and she still looks beautiful now. I wonder if she went under the knife. Anyway, Jodie is very good in this role eventhough she was very young.

Anthony Hopkins on the other hand is just scary. With very little movements and an ornate delivery of lines, he can send the chills up my spine. His rendition of Hannibal Lecter is one of the scariest characters in Hollywood history.

This DVD bought in the Philippines is packed with extras. There are tons of trailers and docus. The most interesting part is the reaction of some gay people when it was released. I honestly did not see Buffalo Bill as a homosexual. How can I identify myself with a very disturbed person anyway? I am just surprised that there was an outcry when this movie was released because I do not think there is any homosexual character in the movie.

It is a shame though that there was very little restoration done on the film. There might be better DVD releases. If I had a BD player, this would definitely be on my list.

No comments: