Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Missing Sex and the City (the movie)


The local government has very strict censorship guidelines and they have the power to snip or to blur out scenes that do not meet these. These scenes include the groin, breasts, knives, syringes, blood, wounds, cigarettes, cigarette smoke, cigars, weed, guns and the list goes on and on.

When I came here, there was nothing like this and as time goes by, more images are being blurred. Apparently, they are protecting this country's image. It does not want to be associated with the sex trade, violence and drugs.

Anyway, I will just wait for the DVD release of the film in the Philippines or wherever I will be when it gets released. It is not a special effects movie anyway. I loved these characters in the small screen so I guess they have to stay there--in the small screen.

No comments: