Thursday, July 17, 2008

Silom Community Clinic

I had my nth STD test last week and I am glad they turned out negative. The test was free, anonymous and I got the result in less than 20 minutes.

The testing center is called Silom Community Clinic and located inside the Bangkok Christian Hospital on Silom Road. The facility is very clean and comfortable. They provide magazines and let their patients watch Thai programs on their widescreen TV.

This is one thing that I will miss about Bangkok when I leave because we do not have such a facility in Manila. Testings can be done anonymously but only sex workers are not charged the fees.

I was also impressed when the health practitioners told me that it is actually subsidized by the government as well as foreign NGOs.

Their number is 026342917.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the information!
A friend was in crisis and your info helped me get him to the clinic and get help. Good luck to you! Stay healthy!

Unknown said...

you are welcome. I wish someone would give silom community clinic enough money to build their own website. I know that most people who are looking for an STD clinic in Bangkok are directed to this particular blog entry.