Monday, September 8, 2008

Google Chrome



This is my first tech review. I am doing it because I was wowed the first time I used it and it is only the beta version.

I heard about Google Chrome on CNN and was surprised that my favorite email, my favorite search engine, and my favorite blog will also be my favorite browser.

First of all, I am amazed at how fast it loads. It is even faster than Opera and Firefox (both installed on my computer). But it slows down a bit when I add several tabs. But that is a given already.

Second, it is easy to migrate from FF to Chrome. It actually lets you import your bookmarks, usernames and passwords while you are installing it. It is very probable that it will enable users to import from other browsers as well.

Thirdly, it looks very simple and easy to use. The title bar is automatically a search bar. Frequently visited websites are available as soon as you open the program or a new tab. You can also customize the look of the browser.

There are still some compatiblity issues but I am sure most will be solved by the time Google launches this fantastic browser.

You can learn more about this nifty program here: http://www.google.com/chrome

No comments: