Saturday, June 16, 2007

Molière (movie)


I had very low expectations before entering the cinema because I have been disappointed so many times before by biopics of long-dead artists. I thought it would be a boring and spiritless movie but I was wrong.

How I wish I knew French because I cannot comment about the language. I assume it was really good. The plot is excellently written and executed. There were many twists I did not expect and did not imagine would happen.

All of the actors are superb, especially Fabrice Luchini as Jourdain and Ludivine Sagnier (as Célimène). Her role is so small and yet she was able to capture me with her beauty and eloquence. She still looks like a little girl. It has been years since the first time I have seen and yet she is still so young.

How I wish I really knew the language because I am sure I would appreciate it more.

No comments: