Monday, June 25, 2007

Dawn of the Dead (2004, DVD)


I think this is one of the best zombie movies ever. I do not care that this is a remake and I am sure many hard-core fans won't like this comment--this is definitely better than the original.

I watched the movie with the commentary of the director and producer. They are obviously fan of the zombie-movie genre and that is how they made everything work so well. They know what would look good on film and they know how to satisfy other zombie-movie genre fans like me.

This is so violent and so fun! I love the head explosions, the blood and the bits of flesh. I love the transformation of many of the human characters (to zombies) of course. I like the stunts and the fight scenes.

It has a lot of stereotypical characters in it but who cares? Zombies are not real anyway so the hell with realism!

This single-disc release is loaded with bloody juicey extras. This is a fun DVD to own.

No comments: