Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Barossa Valley

My 4-day stay in Nuriootpa with the Pope family was very good. They were all very nice to me, especially Steven's parents. It was nice being "adopted" to their family during the holidays. I missed my own family a lot that I found it difficult to sleep on Christmas Day. I just have to keep in mind that I have my own life now.

Nuriootpa is a beautiful town that actually resembles a city. The only strange thing about this place is its rows and rows of vineyards as it is very popular as a wine-growing valley. Many tourists come here to taste the wine but I do not drink alcohol so I was not able to taste that.

Steven and I visited Menglers Hill where they have very beautiful sculptures. It also displayed the beauty and vastness of the Barossa Valley.

No comments: