Thursday, January 10, 2008

First Visit to a Proper Thai Private School


I have never seen so many dirty white socks in my life. That is the first thing I have noticed upon entering the all-girl campus. Students are not allowed to wear their shoes inside the buildings so they have grey socks at the end of the day. But the teachers are allowed to wear their shoes anywhere they want.

Rotem works in this school and she says that difference between the salary of the Westerner teachers is almost double of the salary of the Filipino teachers. The uniform of the students enrolled in the Thai program is also different from the uniform of the students enrolled in the English program. Thai teachers also do not interact with the foreign teachers. I have never seen so much segregation and discrimination in my life.

I admit that there are some trouble at work but I am not sure if I want to face the school system here in Thailand.

No comments: