Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Elizabeth: The Golden Age (movie)


I was warned that there isn't much plot in this movie and it is true. Well, for many people who are not familiar with the character and historical background then the plot would be OK.

The visuals are very good though. Ah the costumes! I wonder how I would look wearing those frocks. Blue! Mauve! Orange!

Two actors did very well in this movie and one of them is Galadriel err...Cate Blanchett and the other one is the other queen (not the brat who never utters a word because she does not know any word of Spanish) Samantha Morton. The latter is actually quite sympathetic although her color palette is a cliché.

I am a Cate Blanchett fan but I hate to say this--this movie is forgettable. The story is just way too simple and the visuals are used to make it more interesting and more than it really is.

No comments: