Sunday, December 2, 2007

Expectations and Disappointments of a Friend-Pursuer

Apart from the sex, how different should a person handle a budding friendship vis-a-vis a budding romantic relationship? I am not sure if I am the only one who has experienced this but sometimes I would say "How I wish I could hang out with this peson more...he seems a nice friend to keep!" But then you find yourself being ignored everytime you ask this person out.

As a friend-pursuer, should you also look for signs? Do you also wait for him/her to call you? Would it be pathetic if you are the one who keeps on calling him/her?

As a friend-pursuer, should you just let it flow and not exert effort in building the friendship? Should you just wait for that time that both of you will be in the same bar or mall or train or whatever?

I am thankful though that I have met so many friends in Manila and in Bangkok. Most of the people whose friendships I have pursued are reciprocal. But then it still makes me wonder about the others who could have been nice people to hang out with.

No comments: