Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Spiderman 3 (movie)


I cannot say that this is the best Spiderman movie because they are all different. One thing is for sure: the first movie sucks. Anyway, I am digressing.

I am disappointed that this installment is not as sexually charged as the first one. The pants are not that revealing and I was not able to see Tobey Maguire's nipples. I also thought that the Sandman would not have a shirt on.

The script is multi-layered. It is actually hard to count how many stories there are. The action sequences were good and were easy to follow.

The villains are the best in this movie. The character development is clear and they are not really two-dimensional. The best performance is Topher Grace as Venom. Tobey's performance is very cliche. I cannot believe that I actually admired this guy in "Pleasantville".

Unlike the other Spiderman movies, this does not give the audience a glimpse of what is going to happen in the next installment. The Green Goblin is already dead. What is next?

No comments: