Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Magnifico (DVD)


I saw this movie on Philippine cable TV first and was shocked by the ending. This is my first time to view this movie in its entirety and it is not as shocking unfortunately.

I have seen so many technical flaws but those are forgiveable. The material is just very good. A few of the actors are not that good but Jiro Manio's performance and maturity have saved this movie.

It is only last night that I noticed how morbid this film is right from the start. So the shock at the end did not really come out of nowhere.

I just wish the DVD was not this bad. Some of the lines were incorrigible and than can be corrected by authoring the audio properly.

This movie is not one of the best that the Philippines has produced but it is certainly unique.

No comments: