Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Lazaro Clan 2010/2011



I left the Philippines in 2006 and since then, I have been trying my best to visit them every year. This year's visit was dramatic, revealing and a lot of fun.
 
More faces are added to the clan. There are some new wives and a lot of new husbands. With these new couples are dozens of children--some of which I do not recognize anymore.
 
Of course, I also miss a lot of old faces. There are some that I wanted to see but have already passed on. There are some that I wanted to see but they already have other clans of their own.
 
I hope you enjoy these photos and videos of those fun moments that I had the past holidays.


4 comments:

HRD said...

Hi Dexter!

Your family seems like a fun bunch! They remind me of my own ohana (family) back home in Hawai'i and the oddly refreshing games we'd play when we were kids.

What part of the Philippines are you from? My parents hail from Pangasinan (mom) and Ilocos Norte (dad).

Unknown said...

both my parents are from pasig, metro manila.

i am 100% city boy.

i heard that hawaii has a huge filipino population

HRD said...

You're absolutely right about Hawai'i. The Filipino community is exceptionally large there. Is there a relatively significant amount of Filipinos in Australia?

Unknown said...

there are not as many filipinos in South Australia as there are in Hawai'i. I wish there were more though.