Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Vote for Ang Ladlad

I posted before that the Philippines' Commission on Election has removed the gay group Ang Ladlad from the Congressional election campaign. Recently, the Supreme Court intervened and Ang Ladlad now occupies number 89 of the ballot.
Here is an excerpt from a newspaper article:

It stressed that Ang Ladlad has satisfied all legal requirements to qualify as a party-list organization under Republic Act 7941 (Party-list System Act), including “proofs of past subordination or discrimination suffered by the group, immutable or distinguishing characteristic, attribute or experience that define them as a discrete group, and present political or economic powerlessness.”

I urge all of my Filipino friends to vote for this party. It does not matter if you are gay or straight. If you love me then please shade number 89 on the ballot. And yes, I am using emotional blackmail.

2 comments:

BobL said...

If I only lust after you, do I still have to vote?

Unknown said...

If you lust after another man (me), a Filipino and a registerd voter then you definitely have to vote for Ang Ladlad.