Friday, January 12, 2007

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer


"It is beautiful!"

That is the first sentence I uttered the second the movie ended. I sat in the cinema without expecting anything. Carlos mentioned that it is adapted from a popular novel and that many directors are afraid to touch it. And now I can imagine how difficult it must have been to put this story in a movie.

The presentation is breath-taking. The infant is so real that it was scarey. How was it done? I cannot wait for the DVD.

The actors are amazing, including the two supporting, Dustin Hoffman and Alan Rickman. Hoffman's portrayal is very entertaining and memorable. I have not been impressed by him this much since "Midnight Cowboy".

The orgy scene was done with taste. It was not offensive although how I wish they had two men making out. I am sure I am not the only gay person who would say this. And then I thought, "how can one end this movie after the orgy?" But then I was impressed with how the story ended. I will not mention it here though.

No comments: