Friday, January 19, 2007

The Aviator


I hesitated to watch this movie because I knew I would be disappointed with Leonardo DiCaprio's performance. I bought the DVD a few weeks ago because it was very cheap. But then, I was right: Leonardo is not fitting for this charismatic character. Leonardo may be intense but he does not have even a drop of Howard Hughes' charisma.

But then the two supporting actresses (Kate Beckinsale and Cate Blanchett) are superb. They are both beautiful and convincing as two Hollywood icons. With the help of their fabulous costumes, they both projected the glamour of that era.

I have to mention that the video quality of the feature is impressive. The second disc is loaded with info that will make you appreciate the movie and Howard Hughes more. Damn Howard was a looker and Leonardo is NOT.

No comments: