Thursday, January 4, 2007

Burton's Chocolate Factory


I regret now that I did not buy the Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory DVD the first time I saw it. It is now very difficult to find it in Manila and it is non-existent in Bangkok.

Anyway, I am still impressed with how Tim Burton has interpreted this Roald Dahl story. I have read the book and Burton's ending is more cinematically unforgettable. It is not easy to tie the history and the outcome in an uncheesey sort of way but Burton succeeded in doing so.

The second disc is absolutely fun to play with. It has Oompa Loompa games and games about all the five children. The feature disc is very impressive because it kept all the exciting colours intact.

Of course, Freddie Highmore is still as sincere as ever and this is one of the two Johnny Depp performances I like (the other one is Edward Scissorhands).

The next movie will be totally different.

No comments: