Monday, July 12, 2010

Spot the Aussie


I usually do not write one diatribe after another but a good friend Antony suggested that I explain the game "Spot the Aussie". I first heard of this game from a young Caucasian Australian who is very close to me. At first, I thought it was a joke but he assured me that this game exists.

I have also heard this game mentioned in some Facebook accounts mentioned on the Anti-Bogan website. In addition, one Urban Dictionary user described "spot the Aussie" as 
a hypothetical game played by White Australians. This comment is used within the white australians [sic] themselves, where they are at a function or location where there is a lack of white australians [sic]. i.e. they think there is [sic] far too many asian [sic], arabs [sic] or africans [sic] etc at the function, even though they are in australia [sic].
Try searching this game on Facebook and you will encounter tons of groups promoting this game. It seems there is a group of this nature in several suburbs or cities. Here are a few examples:


It is a hateful game and I just hope Australians realize that Australians come in different skin colors, sizes, shapes, sexual orientations, clothes (I love Xhosa costumes!), and religions (that includes Islam) and political inclinations. It is an extremely long road ahead but I am sure we are going to get there.

2 comments:

Antony said...

Good work! It's a veritable dossier on Spot The Aussie.

Unknown said...

It would be funny if this blog entry comes up when you google this game.