Friday, August 28, 2009

Resigning from LYC-International

This is the first time I am mentioning Long Yang Club on this blog. I have been involved in this organization for about a decade and I am now resigning as the president of the international committee.

I was 22 years old when I put up the Manila chapter. I had some help from many friends and it was a challenge getting it up and running.

The Thailand chapter in Bangkok helped me move there. It was a breeze getting an apartment and securing a job. I was able to have a very comfortable life for 2 1/2 years there.

And then the Adelaide chapter helped me move to my (hopefully) permanent home in South Australia.

There were lots of controversies and some victories. I made so many friends and a few enemies. All of these taught me how to bite my lip when I am about to say something offensive and to be generous with compliments.

This is not the end of my work in the gay community. I am looking for local gay organizations to support and I am sure I am going to face different challenges here in Adelaide.

No comments: