Thursday, August 6, 2009

Corazon Aquino (1933-2009)

My heart is aching right now. I lost someone I am very proud of.

I am a very opinionated person. I started attending rallies when I was very young. Had I gone to school before her reign, I would not be alive right now.

She ushered our country back to democracy. It was an uphill battle for her and her greatest gift to us was hope. After her presidency, I still followed her public appearances and listened to her.

I do not agree with her faith. I do not agree with what she may think of my being gay. I am sure she would not approve of my political inclinations. And yet I can make a political stance and stay alive. She made that possible.

Yesterday, she was buried and I cried for her. I felt like our hope was taken away from us. God, I hope I am wrong.

We will miss you, Tita Cory.

No comments: