Saturday, July 11, 2009

Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen (movie)

As a child, I was a big fan of the cartoons. I knew the main characters when they were still all two-dimensional cartoons. My mother could not afford to buy me the original toys but I had a few similar toys. Like any other kid, I wondered what would happen if toys could talk.

But then this latest Transformers franchise crushed every good memory of what I have. The story is—well, I am not sure if there is one. I thought it was going to be about the Autobots leaving earth. Then the Autobots stayed and Shia’s character was having this vibrator-in-my-ass fits which did not really develop into anything.

Shia LeBouf is a good actor but he really cannot save this movie. Megan Fox looks good but that is all. I do not think she will last a long time in this business as she has no talent. There were far too many robots to relate to any of them.

The action sequences were just way too confusing. Sometimes, I do not know which one is a villain and which one is a hero and which one is the human that got crushed. I honestly fell asleep during the desert battle scene. I was desperately waiting for it to end.

I am sure there will be a Transformers 3 but this franchise has already lost its magic.

No comments: