Sunday, July 29, 2007

Manoro (movie)


I admit that I arrived 10 minutes late. Normally, in Bangkok, if the schedule says that the movie will start at 8PM, that means they will begin the movie trailers at 8PM and show the movie half an hour later. But I did not know that they would be on time for this festival.

Manoro gives stunning views of the untamed landscapes of Pampanga. It shows rivers, streams and forests. At the same time, it also shows the beautiful and unspoiled Aetas. This movie really makes me proud that I am from a beautiful country like that.

But then the editing of this story about a young woman trying to educate her people was dragging. It showed every step of the venture, literally. We spent several minutes looking at the dusty feet of the main characters.

This is a nice movie to study but not a nice movie to watch. Zzzzzz....

No comments: