Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix (movie)


I have not seen "The Goblet of Fire" in its entirety yet so I am not sure if I can give a good jugment of the current Harry Potter movie. I have seen enough to notice that they have made a few changes like the battle scene in the end. The mind intrusion bit was not as effective as on the pages. I am sure there is a way to be able to show this more effectively.

I think the actors have improved quite a lot, especially the young supporting actors. Daniel Radcliffe's acting is still not enough. The death scene of Cedric shows Daniel crying over a dead dog. Sirius Black's death shows Daniel crying over a lover who just broke up with him.

Imelda Staunton as Dolores Umbridge is very very good though. Bright colours cannot wash over her malice. Evanna Lynch as Luna Lovegood is captivating. She is a scene-stealer.

The visual effects were good although the director stretched out the battle scene a bit longer. The use of black and white to differentiate bad guys from the good guys is effective but predictable.

I want to see more of Helena Bonham Carter (as Bellatrix Lestrange) in the next movie!

No comments: