Wednesday, August 1, 2012

6.3 Cholesterol Level

I have a very active lifestyle. I lift weights and do cardio four times a week. Sometimes, I go hiking and ride my bike.

But I have been very naughty with my diet since I moved to Australia. Red meat abounds here. Chips and wedges are the best. Having an entire pizza in one sitting is not uncommon.

Since my 34th birthday approaching, my doctor decided to check my blood. At first, he thought that I was going to be diabetic because it is in my family history but he was surprised that my blood cholesterol level hit the 6.3 mark.

So what does this mean?

I need to take medicines to lower my cholesterol. I need to lose weight by pushing harder in the gym. AND I need to be very careful with what I put in my mouth.

Thank goodness that I am not diabetic though.

No comments: