Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Levitating photos

I first read about Natsumi Hayashi's photography a couple of weeks ago. Upon seeing her work, I knew how it could be done but that does not mean it was easy.

On our way from Canberra to Adelaide, while my mind wanders, I thought about imitating her right along Sturt Highway. When I got home, I loved the result so I took more and more photos.

I take a test shot and show it to Steven (who is also the test model). Then Steven copies the test shots as best as he can while I jump as high as I can while trying to relax my face. I keep my legs as high as possible so I usually land on my hands--bad for the wrists.

I am not really sure if this is the direction that my photography will take but I really love the process and the feedback that I am receiving from my Facebook friends.

No comments: