Thursday, March 3, 2011

Born This Way

I saw Lady Gaga for the first time in 2008. It was in the Miss Universe contest swimsuit part and I thought her music really did not go well with the image that I had in my head of the competition. I thought I will never hear about her anymore.
 
And I was wrong.
 
She has hit song after hit song. She has a growing number of fans--men, women, adolescents and even kids. She has now become a gay icon as she made very public statements in supporting gay marriage and the fight against bullying.
 
And she has come out with this new song "Born This Way". I was very ecstatic when this came out because it paints being gay in a very positive way. In fact, it has to be celebrated.
 
I can't help but think of the younger gays and lesbians in my family. I am proud to say that it does run in my family. I hope they will have a very productive gay life like mine.

No comments: