Monday, September 28, 2009

Feeling Guilty Being Safe

I feel very guilty right now. I am quite safe here in Adelaide and I cannot help my family in Pasig, Metro Manila--one of the most devastated cities of typhoon Ondoy or Ketsana in the Philippines.

Flood water was waist-deep inside my family's house. They were able to save most of our electrical appliances but the tuktuk and the tricycle are not working.

Some of my cousins were still perched on roofs yesterday and they are currently asking for clothes and food from friends and family.

My immediate family has electricity and a dial tone but there is no water from the tap. Fortunately, the local government is rationing water to every family but then there are tons of families in my neighborhood.

I just do not feel alright.

No comments: