Wednesday, September 23, 2009

District 9 (movie)

Back to the squeaking curtains, Steven and I went. I just cannot stop myself from laughing everytime the projectionist adjusts the curtains.

I was blown away by this movie because of the very original concept. It is about a group of aliens that are stranded in Johannesburg and these creatures suffer from ghastly living conditions and prejudice from humans. The reaction of the humans are very realistic and it mirrors what happens to refugees.


The visual and sound effects are very effective in instilling fear and excitement. It can be very violent though but it is not overwhelming.


New talents Neill Blomkamp as the director and Sharlto Copley as the main actor are perfect for the movie. I am certain we are going to hear from this pair again. Kudos to Peter Jackson for discovering Blomkamp and producing this movie.
I cannot wait to get a copy of this DVD.

No comments: