Sunday, October 19, 2008

Thanks Bangkok

(photo taken on my first trip to Bangkok in 2004)

It was hot and humid on the 16th of October. There were not that many tourists around but there were several people who were mourning for the King's sister. I visited Wat Phra Kaew maybe for the last time.

Amidst the mourners, Buddhists and stubborn Western tourists (who refuse to remove their shoes), I tried to talk to whoever is powerful. I had to thank him/her for all the blessings I received in this wonderful country.

I have no huge complaints when it comes to the people. I just find many of its tourists and foreign residents disgusting. This country has blessed me with a wonderful job and experiences that taught me I can reach any goal I want. This is a wonderful life and there are so many great things I can do with it.

It is time for me to move on.

No comments: