Thursday, March 11, 2010

Fishing in Yorke Peninsula

We had a long weekend here in South Australia because of the Adelaide Cup. Do not ask me what this holiday is about because I know very little. Steven is just keen on taking me out of Adelaide whenever we have a holiday.

We joined his parents and some of his extended family at Port Vincent and that is located in the Yorke Peninsula. All of them stayed in their own trailers or caravans and these are complete with beds, kitchens and dining tables. Steven's parents provided a tent for us to sleep in. It was my first time in two decades to sleep in a tent and it was actually very comfy.

We were on the beach most of the time. We tried catching good edible fish but we ended up with tons of trumpeters and a few tommy ruffs. I also tried catching a squid but I did not even get a nibble. Just the same I want to do this more often.

Steven and I will definitely come back next year and we will be there for at least a week.

No comments: