Saturday, November 18, 2006

I am "Pinoy Abroad"

For several months, I watched a Filipino magazine show called "Pinoy Abroad". As the name implies, it is all about Filipino expats. It tells stories about Filipinos who are succeeding and failing in their plight to make it overseas.

I knew I was going to be one of these Pinoys abroad. But then, my story is a little different. I am not surrounded by Filipinos. I am not able to speak Tagalog everyday. I do not get a chance to see Filipino programs. I am literally a lonely Pinoy abroad.

But then as weeks and months pass by, I learn to love my country more and more. I love how we smile and crack jokes amidst adversities. I love how sour sinigang can be. I love how my family have dinner together as we watch TV Patrol (a primetime news program).

I am not coming home yet. I am waiting for something to happen first.

No comments: