Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Barossa Trail

We knew that it was going to be warm enough to ride our bikes so Steven and I took our bikes from Adelaide to Nuriootpa. And we were right: the temperature rose to 30 degrees Celsius but we did not know it was going to be very windy.

So we braved the strong winds and took the 6-kilometer Barossa Trail. This used to be a train line that connected Nuriootpa to Angaston. It slopes slightly and passes through numerous vineyards and a cement mill (yes, I had a mouthful of dirt by the time we finished).

On the way, we saw some metal sculptures that are human-like and animal-like. I even got a chance to talk to one about the recent Labor government's plan on changing migration laws so that they can dump asylum seekers any place they want.






Steven enjoyed playing with the huge train switches and being swooped down by a magpie protecting its nest. I also took a risk by taking some shots while pedalling on my own bike.

The highlight of the afternoon is me almost getting bit by a brown snake. I thought it was just a piece of rubber strewn across the past. Steven had to grab my handle bar to stop me from getting my very first ambulance ride.

No comments: